Winter is coming to a close! We all need to be careful with our fireplaces and chimneys. Residential fires are often due to creosote build up. All home stoves require maintenance to function efficiently and safely. Here are a few tips to help you in cleaning and maintenance:
1) Have your chimney and wood stove cleaned and inspected annually by a certified chimney specialist. We have one on staff!
2) Make sure your hearth is free of flammable items.
3) Burn seasoned hardwood. Soft, wet wood accelerates the build up of creosote.
To be continued………Norma